Poison ivy can leave you cursing Mother Nature for creating a plant that'll give you with swollen, itchy rashes. But at least this young woman has a hilarious story to tell after her run-in with the notorious plant.
According to BuzzFeed News, Emily Petrozza broke out with a poison ivy rash on her arm, but paid it no mind, since she's had them before. Then the 21-year-old then noticed red bumps on her eyes Sunday night. She went to bed and, in the morning, woke up with the peculiar feeling of not being able to open her eyes.
Obviously, something was wrong. So she went to go look in the mirror. And well, it wasn't quite her staring back. Her eyes had gotten majorly swollen to the point that she could hardly even open them. She found a friend to take her to a walk-in clinic. That's where the friend Snapchatted a picture to Emily's younger sister Lauren. In true sibling fashion, Lauren screenshot the moment of distress to tweet out later.Emily is reportedly doing better now after being prescribed something for the breakout. And she's been taking her viral fame with good humor as the pictures racked up over 30,000 retweets and 55,000 likes.
Others have also shared their similar experiences.Moral of the story: DON'T GET POISON IVY IN YOUR EYES. You will look like Will Smith in Hitch.