Thanksgiving is a time to celebrate the things you’re grateful for while unfortunately reinforcing a white supremacist narrative of American history. Because on the DL, the holiday more or less celebrates the genocide of the Native American people.Thanksgiving is also a time to argue with shitty family members who support Donald Trump and hate gay people, overeat to the point of hating yourself, and send regrettable drunk texts to your high school ex who’s back home for the long weekend with his new wife.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year.
As the world’s leading authority on Twitter, I’m mostly grateful for Twitter this holiday season. Lately I’ve been meeting new lovers and making new friends off the site. It’s dope, and I’d highly recommend it.
Twitter is also responsible for at least half of my LOLs, so here I present to you, the top 14 Twitter accounts I am most grateful for—plus a sampling of their finest work.
1) Gabriella Paiella — @GMPaiella
2) Chris Scott — @iamchrisscott
3) war on christmas — @muslamichoe
4) darcie — @333333333433333
5) Ella Cerón — @ellaceron
6) Hannah Giorgis — @ethiopienne
7) Ayesha A. Siddiqi— @pushinghoops
8) Barry ManiGLO — @YungCostanza
9) Jonny Sun — @jonnysun
10) Jen Doll —@thisisjendoll
11) patrick —@pattymo
12) treasure —@imteddybless13) weird al —@wutangcher
14) alana levinson — @alanalevinson
Let’s all raise a glass to strangers who make the Internet seem worthwhile. And remember:Photo via icoNYCa/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)